Thursday, January 7, 2010

String beans/green beans-need a good recipe?

I know the basics, but I want some ideas on seasoning them - how do you cook fresh string beans?String beans/green beans-need a good recipe?
I don't usually eat green vegetables. But I can cook the hell out of them. This is a really not a bad recipe. I have made this for a few people and they are amazed.





Fried French Green beans.





Heat a frying pan


put a little olive oil in the both heat it up. add


a table spoon of crushed garlic


a dash of oregano


a dash of Basil


Small Sliced roasted pepper (sliced up into thin slices)


heat that all up and when you can smell the garlic and it starts to brown a little


dump a can of drained French Style String beans in (Rinse them off first) and heat them up continuously stiring them





Do all of this over a medium heat...





Let me know how it comes out.String beans/green beans-need a good recipe?
call me for the best seasoning. I have it in my kitchen. The cook takes credit after using my blend or I will just tell you how. 317 299 3193 IM linda
For string beans, I usually brown a bit of procuitto in just a bit of olive oil and toss the beans in for a few minutes so that they are still crunchy (you can cook them longer if you like them softer). I add kosher salt, a bit of cracked white pepper, and serve them sprinkled with toasted pine nuts.





For greens, maple bacon is the way to go. I brown a bit of the bacon, toss the greens in and let them wilt. Salt, pepper, and to the table they go. Or, sometimes, I just sautee them for a couple of minutes and add a bit of lemon zest, salt and pepper. Both are great.
Look on the back of the Campbell's cream of mushroom soup for the green bean casserole, it is delicious and very simple, gives you a little something extra than just green beans. You can also try greenbeans with almond slices, butter and garlic, very tasty. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment